Bulk Herb Store Organic Double-E Immune Booster Tea 1/4 lb
Each herb in this powerful blend is historically respected for packing a mean punch against sickness and works together to help create an environment in your body where health and vitality can thrive.
Support your body’s immune system with a mug of this original recipe pulled from nature’s best. Teeming with flavorful and healthful herbs like peppermint and rose hips, it’s the perfect winter defense. Enjoy hot or cold with or without honey.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boiling, remove from heat.
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of tea into a tea strainer.
- Pour water over herbs and steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea strainer and herbs. Sweeten if desired and enjoy!
Make your tincture by filling a jar 1/3 - 1/2 full of herbs. Use 1/3 for hard herbs and roots (as they will absorb more liquid) and 1/2 for soft or fluffy herbs. Fill the jar to the top with alcohol (80-90 proof Vodka is best), close it, and store for 3-8 weeks in a cool, dry place. Shake the jar daily. After 3-8 weeks, strain and discard the herbs, bottle the liquid and label it. For more information on making tinctures, please visit the how-to section
Contains: Elderberry Whole*, Echinacea Purpurea Herb c/s* , Echinacea Purpurea Root c/s*, Peppermint Leaf c/s*, Rose Hips c/s*, Nettle Leaf c/s*, & Eleuthero Root c/s*. (*organic)
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult with your health care provider before adding any supplements to your routine.
From Our Reading and/or Experience...
- Unlike most herbs that can be consumed as a life-long daily supplement, the Immune Booster should only be used in times of need.
- This dry herb mixture can be brewed into a tea. It can also be ground up into powder and encapsulated.
- Because of the Echinacea, Double-E Immune Booster is best taken when your immune system is compromised and not on a long-term basis.
- As is the case with most herbs, this mixture should be stored in a dark, dry, and cool place. Refrigeration or freezing is great, but certainly not necessary. Following these suggestions will delay the loss of its highly valued nutritional and medicinal properties.
- Follow the same instructions for storage after you make it into a tincture.
- Alcohol tincture or (extract) doesn't taste all that great, but it is more effective when drawing out the goodness of the herbs and is the easier tincture to make. For those two reasons alone, alcohol tinctures are the industry standard in all ready-made store-bought tinctures. They also keep the longest (at least 2 years).
- Glycerin tinctures (or glycerites), though not as effective as an alcohol tincture, are much more palatable with their sweet flavor. However, they will only keep for up to one year or so.
- A combination of both alcohol and glycerin has the benefits of both (effectiveness, sweet flavor, and longer shelf life).