What are the pros? Taste, growth
What are the cons? A bit more spiny, curls
These grow like crazy. The downsides is they get more spines than other varieties and tend to curl if not hanging, and one end tends to be more bulbous than the other, but other than that the benefits are endless:
* grows like crazy
* handles underwatering well, all my other cucumber vines are dying and it is going stronger
* self pollinates
* pretty ribs make much more interesting slices
* they get HUGE, like the size of English cucumbers, with no duds (maybe the rare runt)
* over mature they still are great and don't trigger vine death
* very tasty slicer since they are a bit sweet
* also an amazing pickling cucumber, staying as crisp as raw and the seed gel stays perfectly firm
* very little seeds, especially in stem end
This is the only cucumber I am going to grow aside from more esoteric varieties. I have 3 or 4 plants and we get a cucumber per plant every few days!
Would you recommend this product to a friend?